In this Implementation paper, you are to describe a plan, and the components thereof, to address an “ethical lapse” within a public safety organization
In this Implementation paper, you are to describe a plan, and the components thereof, to address an “ethical lapse” within a public safety organization. In this paper, implement a solution to the ethical situation in the public safety organization. Unfortunately, a quick search of the internet will yield numerous choices of organizations to write about. The implementation paper is to include, but is not limited to, suggested training, identification of stakeholders, the implementation plan and process, and a draft code of ethics. If you make use of an existing code of ethics, make sure to properly cite and reference the work of others. The body of the paper shall be 6 to 8 pages, excluding other material such as the cover page, abstract, table of contents, graphics and tables, references, and imported (existing) codes of ethics. To the extent possible, include in your paper, any support for the plan you’re proposing (what suggests it will work).
The Individual Paper is worth 100 points and is 30% of your final grade.
The Individual Implementation Paper shall contain:
- Cover Page (not included in page count)
- Body of Paper (6 to-8 pages)
- description of the issue/lapse
- Description of the cause of the lapse (to the extent possible)
- Plan to be put in place to avoid future lapses
- References Page (not included in page count)
The paper shall be formatted as follows:
- APA 7th edition
- 1-inch margins
- 12 point font, either New Times Roman or Arial font style
- Double spaced, making sure there are no “extra” spaces in between paragraphs
- Properly formatted Section headings as appropriate
In the following descending order of preference, information sources must be either peer-reviewed articles, government reports, or other sources approved by your instructor. Internet information sources from other than authoritative sources are discouraged. See the General Assignment grading rubric for more information.