Read the case below and complete this assignment.
A child was playing in a local park with his brother. A car pulled up as they were leaving the playground. A man inside the car motioned for the two (2) boys to come over. The man asked the two (2) boys where the nearest convenience store was located. He then stated that he was not familiar with the area and asked the boys to show him the way and he would take them home afterwards. He also stated that he would buy them whatever they wanted if they agreed to show him. The youngest brother got into the car with the man and they drove away. The older sibling ran home and told his mother what had happened. The younger brother was not heard from that night and a report was made to the police. The next day a body was found in a dumpster behind a local garage. It was the younger brother, who had been strangled to death and was nude.
Imagine that you are the lead investigator in this case and develop a three (3) page investigation plan in which you:
- Outline the main steps that you would take immediately as it relates to the investigation of this case. Support your response.
- Propose your methods for evidence collection. Next, predict the main evidence that you would expect to find regarding the investigation of the death of the boy and the arrest of the suspect. Support your response.
- Propose the main investigative techniques that you would use to investigate the murder in this case. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources as references, such as journal articles, newspapers, magazines, and publications from law enforcement associations. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and similar websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.