A country will be assigned to each student at the end of Module 2. The purpose of the Final Paper is to demonstrate your mastery of the learning objectives stated in the class Syllabus through explaining how your assigned country fits in to the tourism industry. Please review the Syllabus to know which learning objectives need to be demonstrated in your paper. Your paper will be more than a simple report on tourism in your assigned country. You must use APA format (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/). Your paper will be between 6 and 7 pages (not including your sources or title page). Sources do not need to be annotated. Please do not create an abstract. The paper should be double-spaced. Visuals (charts, pictures, etc.) should be used only if it adds to the paper and should not be used to fill space. Your final paper will need to be submitted in a WORD document (or format recognized by TurnItIn which will be used to verify originality and adherence to other standards).
Possible Areas of Focus:
COUNTRY – United Arab Emirates
- Class Learning Objectives (page 1 of Syllabus)
- What kind of marketing exists to attract tourists?
- What is the state of the infrastructure and does it limit tourism?
- What natural and/or created attractions exist to attract tourists?
- How does the government support tourism?
- What kind of social, culture, and/or environmental issues exist that impact tourism?
- What is the future of tourism?
- What would it be like to be a tourist there?
- What would someone want to visit there?
- What would it be like to own a company that depended on tourism there?
- How can the country improve tourism?