As a PC technician, you may encounter situations where people may ask you questions about hardware and software. Choose ONE of the scenarios below to discuss in a PowerPoint presentation:
A customer wants to purchase a gaming keyboard that has macro key functions so that he can perform gaming movements like forward, backward, left, and right.
Perform some research on the Internet for gaming keyboards, and choose one that interests you. In a four- to five-slide presentation (not counting the title and references slides) discuss the following:
- Identify the make and model of the keyboard you chose for the customer.
- Discuss the functions of the keyboard (e.g., switches, macro key functions, lighting, onboard memory).
- Discuss the drivers and/or software required to configure the keyboard.
A customer wants to purchase a wireless keyboard and mouse but has no idea how to install them.
Perform some research on the Internet, and find out how to install and configure these wireless devices. In a four- to five-slide presentation (not counting the title and references slides), discuss the following:
- Identify the make and model of the wireless keyboard and mouse you chose for the customer.
- Discuss the steps involved to install and configure the wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Be sure to include the batteries, receivers, drivers, and/or software required.
Submit the PowerPoint presentation for the scenario you chose. Be sure to cite your sources, including any visuals used, in APA formatting.
You can view PowerPoint best practices at the following link: http://columbiasouthern.adobeconnect.com/powerpointbestpractices/
The transcript for this resource can be found within the “Notes” tab to the right of the presentation.