As the HR Manager at Berkley Innovative Technologies, you have been developing a new training manual for employees. Now, the CEO has expressed her concerns about differing religious beliefs in the workplace. She wants to be certain that the organization is up-to-date and compliant with the current legislation on the books as it applies to religious diversity. For this section of the training manual, you will focus on educating the organization’s leaders and supervisors as well as the employees on religious discrimination issues in the workplace as they relate to current legislation.
Diversity Training Manual: Part IV (2–3 pages)
Pick three religious groups you will examine. Some examples are as follows:
- Orthodox Judaism
This section of the training manual should include the following information:
- Provide an explanation of the Civil Rights Act, Title VII 1964 legislation, dealing specifically with the meaning of reasonable accommodation for religious practices. Review the following resources to assist you with this step:
- For each of the 3 religious groups you selected, describe and explain the following:
- Include at least 2 religious practices that could easily be accommodated by management without any hardship for the company.
- Include at least 2 practices that would be difficult to accommodate.
Diversity Training Manual: Part V (2–3 pages)
The CEO has asked you to gather information on one of the most controversial laws regarding diversity in the workplace. After careful review of the laws, you discovered that affirmative action fits this criterion. History has shown that good intentions can sometimes have serious negative unintended consequences. For example, Title IV legislation was intended to give female athletes equal opportunities in sports. Unfortunately, the legislation shifted the discrimination away from female athletes and on to male athletes as many male programs were cut to accommodate the law. Your task for this section of the training manual is to answer the questions listed below outlining affirmative action legislation. Be certain to give attention to both the positive as well as the negative unintended consequences of this legislation.
Part V is to be titled: Affirmative Action
Write a 2–3-page section of your manual that summarizes the following points for part V of the training manual:
- What is affirmative action?
- What was the initial intent of affirmative action legislation?
- What did the landmark Bakke v. Regents case conclude? Be sure to cite your source.
- What was the basis for the conclusion?
- What are the positive and negative results of affirmative action legislation?
Diversity Training Manual: Part VI (2–3 pages)
Part VI is to be titled: Diversity Manual Summary
You will end your manual with a 2–3-page conclusion summarizing the main points in the manual. The conclusion should be an overview of all parts, I–V, of the manual that highlights all of the main points. You will need to review the U3 assignment submission to complete this assignment.
National Park Service. (2016, March 22). Civil Rights Act of 1964. Retrieved from https://www.nps.gov/articles/civil-rights-act.htm
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. (2008, July 22). EEOC compliance manual: Section 12: Religious discrimination. Retrieved from https://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/religion.html
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order