- Childs v. Weis (440 S.W.2d 104 Texas Ct. Viv. App. 1969
1. For the case to which you are assigned, answer the following questions:
- Determine if it is a case in a federal court or state court.
- State why this is case was submitted to the specific court system vs. a different court system
- Discuss if the case would be eligible to go to the state or federal supreme court
- Summarize the facts of the case, including the issue of risk for:
- The patient
- The healthcare facility
- Describe two instances of mistakes found in the set of facts for the case. Include in your description:
- What might have been some legitimate reasons for the provider actions?
- What, in your opinion, are some not so legitimate reasons for the provider actions?
- Thinking about your last visit to a healthcare organization, how do you think the treatment/services you received were impacted/influenced by the elements of your assigned case?
Assume that you are a member of the risk management and prevention team at the Hospital of Hope in Jacksonville, FL. As part of a risk management team, what actions would you suggest to prevent recurrence of the incident in your assigned case?
Students should use the following format for their written assignment.
- Follow the guidelines and complete all requirements of the assignment.
- Use APA format and cite sources, as necessary. If you need a refresher on APA, reference the APA Learning UnitLinks to an external site..
- Do your resources meet the CRAAP test?
- Use professional language.
- The paper must include:
- Cover Page
- Content (two to four pages)
- Citations/Reference Page
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order