Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append. Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling. Assignment Description Signature
Assignment Title: The Holistic Patient Assessment
Choose an adult (over the age of 18) friend or relative and perform a holistic health assessment. Clearly document your holistic health assessment data
Your assessment should include the following parts:
- Health History
- Physiological Assessment
- Psychological Assessment
- Social Assessment
- Cultural Assessment
- Developmental Assessment
- Spiritual Assessment
Interpret the findings in your holistic health assessment data according to pathophysiologic disease states.
- Choose one physiologic abnormality and discuss possible pathophysiologic reasons for the abnormality.
- Look at the abnormality on a holistic basis.
- How does this abnormality impact the other areas of the patient’s life, especially those areas discussed in this course?
- Discuss the client’s stress and coping mechanisms.
- Are they healthy?
- What improvements could be made?
Create a teaching plan that addresses the client holistically by applying the assessment data you have analyzed.
- Describe at least one client goal for each of the categories (physical, psychological, social, cultural, developmental, and spiritual).
- How will you teach the client about the goal?
- How will you evaluate your teaching?
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation for your patient teaching.
- You should have at least six slides (one for each type of goal – physical, psychological, social, cultural, developmental, and spiritual), in addition to the title slide, objective slide, and references slide.
- Please be sure to have at least one scholarly source in the PPT. Assignment
- Length: Essay of 1250-1500 words; PP of 6-12 content slides (and include a title, objective, and reference slides – these do not count towards the required content slides)
Structure: PP as noted above.
Essay: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for the essay part of the assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
- References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three scholarly sources plus the textbook are required.
- Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF document (.pdf) and a Power Point document (.pptx)
- File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example RHall Assignment 1.docx)
- Submission: Submit to the D2L dropbox for grading prior to Monday at 11:59pm PST