Assignment 1: Rebranding a Business
Due Week 5 and worth 160 points
Choose a brand from the list below which has recently Rebanded itself through its Marketing. This can include some of the following activities; updating their image, changing their logo, significantly expanding their product line, revamping their products. Research the company and answer the following questions in a 2-3 page paper.
- Identify and describe the brand. Describe their previous image as a brand.
- Identify the reason for the rebranding. Why was the company trying to bring about change?
- Thoroughly describe the rebranding that the company went through. Focus on at least three (3) areas of change for the rebranding; i.e. logo, product line, packaging, slogan, advertising, endorsements, etc.
- Do you think the rebranding was successful? Explain why or why not. Use facts (references) to support your answer such as changes in sales, increased market share, etc.
- Use at least three (3) quality references to support your paper.
You will be graded on the content as well as your writing and mechanics which includes grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Include an introduction and conclusion paragraph to pull your paper together.
Include any references used including our text and any articles or websites used in your paper. List these references using APA formatting and including all required information.
Choosing your brand: Below is a list of options that you can use for your paper.
- Old Spice
- Beech-Nut Baby Food
- CVS Pharmacy
If you have an idea for another company to research, you may do so as long as you contact the professor and get approval for the brand. Please do so before beginning the paper.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Paper must be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. Include an introduction and conclusion paragraph to create a concise and coherent presentation of your ideas