Choose one antihypertensive medication that you would prescribe for patients newly diagnosed with hypertension
- Choose one antihypertensive medication that you would prescribe for patients newly diagnosed with hypertension. Why did you choose this medication? How does this medication work in the body?
- What would be the choice for second-line therapy? Why? How does this medication work in the body?
- What are the parameters for monitoring the success of the therapy for the first medication?
- Discuss specific patient education based on the prescribed therapy.
- List one or two adverse reactions for the selected agent that would cause you to change therapy.
- What lifestyle changes would you recommend for a patient with hypertension (in addition to medication)?
- Describe one or two drug-drug or drug-food interactions for the selected agent.
Length: 500 words essay must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These two pages do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least two (2) scholarly articles, in addition to the textbook, as sources in your essay.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)