Create a chart to compare and contrast the major legislative influences on the labor relations process. Your chart must contain at least five major legislative acts and how they affect management and unions. Columns should include the law, coverage, major provisions, and federal agencies.
Find a recent Supreme Court or U.S. Court of Appeals decision concerning a labor law issue. Summarize the case. Findlaw Legal Information Center is a good commercial site for researching case law. You can also use LexisNexis, or Westlaw, for example.
- What legal principles does the court rely upon in determining the case decision?
- Be sure to support your response with specific examples.
- This homework assignment should be a minimum of three pages in length.
Outline the difference in responsibilities of a local union representative, a shop steward, and an international or national union representative.
- How do their roles differ in the labor relations process?
- This essay needs to be two pages in length