In 3–5 pages, develop recommendations for a team charter and provide communication and collaboration strategies for a new interprofessional team that will work together on challenging cases.
Use the library and the Internet to research examples of interprofessional team charters, communication strategies and conflict resolution strategies for teams, and methods and technologies used in team communication.
You have been charged with facilitating the launch of an interprofessional team that will work together on a number of challenging cases. The team members will come from several different areas within the organization. The team is expected to have its orientation meeting in two weeks and then work together collaboratively for the next six months. Your first task is to develop recommendations for a team charter that will help the group establish ground rules and decide who will lead the team. You also need to help the team with communication and collaboration strategies.
This assessment has two distinct sections: Team Charter Recommendations and Communication and Collaboration Strategies. Provide thorough and detailed recommendations and support your recommendations using examples, references, and citations from your research.
For the Team Charter Recommendations:
- Explain methods to establish ground rules and set expectations. How might differences in personality, expectations, and experience affect team efficiency?
- Describe conflict resolution strategies for interprofessional teams.
- Identify effective ways to address issues of team leadership. How will the team decide who will lead them? What happens if the team leader is ineffective?
For the Communication and Collaboration Strategies:
- Describe best practices for effective interprofessional collaboration. What types of technology can be used to support collaboration?
- Explain the benefits and limitations of different communication strategies such as e-mail, text, voice mail, and face-to-face. When is it appropriate to use each type of communication?
This assessment should be 3–5 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page. Use at least three resources to support your recommendations, and follow APA guidelines for style and format.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Reference at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
- Use APA format.
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Double space.