Rapidly evolving technologies have revolutionized plant breeding. The tremendous advancements in biotechnology methods, cost-effective sequencing technology, refinement of genomic tools, and standardization of modern genomics-assisted breeding methods hold great promise in taking the global agriculture to the next level through the development of improved climate-smart seeds.
Let\’s explore plant breeding.
Meiosis and Alternation Biology Discussion::
- Describe the features that meiosis and mitosis have in common and how they differ (set this response up as a table to compare and contrast).
Genetics and Molecular Biology Discussion:
- Explain the significance of Mendel’s experiments with peas.
- Show how genes may interact with each other to influence phenotype.
- Explain how genotype influences phenotype.
- Describe the phenotype and any unique genotype of your plant of choice (Phoenix dactylife)
Plant Breeding Discussion:
- Describe phenotypic changes that occurred in plant populations as a result of human selection, give one plant breed example. Include two (2) pictures of plant breeding techniques.
- Research your plant of choice ( Phoenix Dactylife) to learn about any breeding programs and learn if your plant of choice has been altered over the years through breeding programs. If NO breading programs can be found, please research natural selection in plants.
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order