Develop a plan for hardening your VM to minimize systems risks
Protecting the host through the process of hardening is a key skill.
Using GCU Virtualization Solutions:
- Develop a plan for hardening your VM to minimize systems risks, threats, and vulnerabilities using best practices of secure programming. Make sure to identify specific design principles that could be violated and the appropriate defensive or countermeasures/steps to be taken.
- Then, describe the basic secure design fundamentals that will create a trusted computing platform.
- Include at least seven host hardening techniques as discussed in Chapter 7 of the textbook, as well as identify the type of control that you are implementing.
- Implement the plan on your VM.
- As you go, take instructional notes and screenshots that will help to reproduce your process using the “Report Template,” located in the Course Materials.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.