Task 2: Multimedia Presentation
Current and emerging technologies in healthcare provide nurses with the opportunity to improve patient outcomes through ever-increasing access to data and evidence. Information support systems affect decisions made at both the point of care and the organizational levels. Nurses who are prepared at the master’s level fill a key role in leading unit and organizational change that incorporates these emerging technologies to promote patient safety and enhance quality of care.
In this task, you will create a multimedia presentation (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote) that will summarize your findings from the scenario in task 1, in which you were asked to discuss how a health information system (HIS) meets current regulatory requirements. In addition, you will summarize how a common health information system affects the practice environment.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
Professional Communications is a required aspect to pass this task. Completion of a spell check and grammar check prior to submitting your final work is strongly recommended.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
- Include eachof the following in your multimedia presentation:
- 10–15 slides
- approximately 5–7 bullets per slide
- presenter notes (talking points of the presentation; approximately 1–2 minutes per slide)
- references (if applicable)
Note: Prezi will not be accepted nor any other presentation that could potentially provide identity-revealing information about the evaluator or student. A well-organized and professional multimedia presentation will include the appropriate use of text, layout, and graphics (etc.).
Note: Include presenter notes for slides as appropriate to fully cover the level of explanation, analysis, and discussion necessary.
- Discuss how a health information system impacts patient-centered care.
- Discuss how a common health information system supports quality care.
- Evaluate the impact of a common health information system by doing the following:
- Describe how a health information system affects the nursing process.
- Describe how a health information system can support a culture of safety.
- Describe how human factors can lead to errors, near misses, and adverse events.
- Describe how clinical decision support (CDS) of the electronic health record (EHR) provides clinicians, staff, and patients with biomedical knowledge and person-specific information.
- Describe how compliance with HIPAA Security and Privacy rules in health information systems protect individuals’ health information.
- Consider the implications of twoemerging or current industry technology by doing the following:
- Evaluate eachtechnology’s usefulness in clinical practice, research, education, or administration.
- Discuss how eachtechnology generates data that supports the use of nursing informatics to improve healthcare.
- Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.