Dove has continued its social media public relations (PR) campaign on beauty and self-esteem. In 2014, Meaghan Ramsey presented “Why Thinking You’re Ugly is Bad for You” at a TED Talks event.
In the TED Talk presentation, Ramsey does not mention Dove. Without focusing on the organization in the speech, why would this be a good PR event for Dove? What does it achieve for the organization? Why do you think Ramsey, who is the Global Director of the Dove Self-Esteem Project, chose this way to communicate with Dove’s customers (and potential customers)? What are the advantages? What are the disadvantages?
Choose one of your favorite brands, and respond to the following questions: What mental image should the brand stimulate today and in the future? In what product classes is the brand competing today? Could this change in the future? Explain.
Investigate a social media public relations (PR) campaign by an organization. Some examples of platforms are LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and YouTube. The organizations can be national or can be local to your area.
- Provide information about the social media platform.
- Provide information about the organization and its campaign.
- Discuss the campaign based on the information. (Is it effective? What, if anything, can the organization do to improve PR through social media?)
You will need to reference at least two academic sources. Webpages provided by a company or organization (e.g., an “About Us” page) will be accepted for this assignment as a valid, academic source.
Use the standard five-paragraph format (introduction/body/conclusion). APA format should be used. The assignment should be a minimum of three pages in length.
For this presentation, select your favorite brand, and describe the reasons why this brand is so appealing to you. You should further explain the ideas represented on the slides by using the slide notes feature. The outline below can be used as a guide for the presentation, and the number of slides for each area may vary in your presentation:
- Slide 1: Develop your title slide.
- Slides 2-3: Introduce your chosen brand, highlighting a few of your favorite products.
- Slides 4-7: Determine and describe how your favorite brand has gained market share and popularity in terms of its brand recognition, brand strategy, and product positioning.
- Slides 8-10: Explain how your brand has created value and remains appealing to you as a member of its target market.
Create a PowerPoint presentation consisting of a minimum of 10 slides, not counting the title and reference slides. You must reference at least two articles from business-related or news websites. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. Use APA style guidelines for formatting of references.