Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
Part A (Chapter 1)
1. Explain how human resource management and human resource information systems evolve over time.
2. Review the types of human resource information systems (HRIS) on pages 11–12 of the textbook, then answer the following questions: Explain which HRIS types your current or previous employer utilizes. If your current or previous organization does not utilize a HRIS, which types would you recommend? How does the utilization of those systems promote transformational HR activities?
Part B (Chapter 3)
3. Why is feedback from HRIS customers/users important to a HRIS implementation team? Explain your experiences with HRIS as both an employee and non-employee. Next, explain how N-tier architecture or cloud computing has simplified HRIS usage and maintenance?
Database, Database Management System, and Business Applications
1. Watch the following two videos from the lynda.com course Relational Database Fundamentals with Adam Wilbert.
2. Review Figure F2.1 Database, Database Management System, and Business Applications on page 28 of the textbook. Based on the videos, and your readings this week, please respond to the following questions:
- Choose a set of data from the database list (e.g., Performance data). Next, select the appropriate application program that the data interfaces with via the database management system (i.e. Performance program). Now, explain how information from the application and system are displayed on your computer screen as the user. Explain how you use the program and what functions are available to you. What recommendations would you make to improve the program’s functionality to make it easier for end