Explain intragroup conflict that occurred and recommend strategies for managing the conflict. Support your recommendations with evidence-based literature.
Assignment: Group Processes and Stages of Formation
In your role, you must understand group processes and stages of formation, as this will help you develop groups and determine an individual’s appropriateness for group therapy. Whether you are at the beginning stages of group formation or facilitating a session for a developed group, it is important to consider factors that may influence individual client progress. For this Assignment, as you examine the video Group Therapy: A Live Demonstration in this week’s Learning Resources, consider the group’s processes, stages of formation, and other factors that might impact the effectiveness of group therapy for clients.
- Analyze group processes and stages of formation
- Analyze curative factors of groups
- Analyze the impact of curative factors on client progress
- Recommend strategies for managing intragroup conflict
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on group processes.
- View the media, Group Therapy: A Live Demonstration, and consider the group dynamics.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
- Explain the group’s processes and stage of formation.
- Explain curative factors that occurred in the group. Include how these factors might impact client progress.
- Explain intragroup conflict that occurred and recommend strategies for managing the conflict. Support your recommendations with evidence-based literature.
Note: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The sample paper provided by the Walden Writing Center provides examples of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
The approximate length of the video is 202 minutes. In preparation for this week’s Assignment, be sure to watch Parts 1 and 2 of this video.