Explain the concept of descriptive epidemiology using either a theoretical or conceptual understanding of a specific condition to identify patterns
The epidemiology paper is a practice immersion assignment designed to be completed in three sections, this is part one of the assignment. Learners are required to discuss the role of descriptive epidemiology in nursing science and apply descriptive epidemiology to public health practices.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that support your position by referencing six to eight scholarly resources. At least three of your supporting references must be from scholarly sources other than the assigned readings.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the?LopesWrite Technical Support articles?for assistance.
Write a 1,250–1,500-word paper discussing the role of descriptive epidemiology in nursing science. Include the following:
- Explain the concept of descriptive epidemiology using either a theoretical or conceptual understanding of a specific condition to identify patterns (e.g., distribution of data, data collection, condition or distribution of the data, and determinants in the relationship to disease populations).
- Provide a contemporary example of how descriptive epidemiology is applied in public health nursing.
- Define health disparity and how it occurs, and what factors contribute to it in an at-risk population.
Portfolio Practice Immersion Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives and are intended to be application-based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours and are indicated in the assignment by a Portfolio Practice Immersion Hours statement that reminds you, the learner, to enter a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.
To earn portfolio practice immersion hours, enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Practice Immersion Hours Completion Statement DNP-825
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I have also tracked said practice immersion hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and preceptor/mentor.