For each of the nine NONPF competencies write one paragraph explaining how the program has prepared you to meet the competency
Nine broad areas of core competence that apply to all nurse practitioners, regardless of specialty or patient population focus. NONPF created the first set of Nurse Practitioner Competencies in 1990; the most recent updates were incorporated in 2017. This course was designed to prepare you to synthesize knowledge gained throughout the program and to apply each of the nine core competencies within your selected areas of practice and your representative communities.
The nine areas of competency are:
- Scientific Foundations
- Practice Inquiry
- Technology and Information Literacy
- Health Delivery System
- Independent Practice
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, focusing on the NONPF Core Competencies Content.
For each of the nine NONPF competencies write one paragraph explaining how the program has prepared you to meet the competency (for a total of at least nine paragraphs). Then, propose how you plan to engage in social change in your community as a nurse practitioner. Finally, describe 1–2 legislative and/or advocacy activities in which your state nurse practitioner organization(s) are involved. Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 7 of Week 10
Submit your Assignment.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK10Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 10 Assignment 2 Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 10 Assignment 2 link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK10Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.