- Value: 35% of the final grade.
- Due Date: on or before 11:55 p.m. AT on Sunday of Unit 5.
- Defines the problem within the family.
- Selects a couple/family therapy theory that addresses the problem.
- Applies a selected couple/family therapy theory to a couple or family session.
- Reflects on the counsellor’s therapeutic process and interaction after the therapy session.
The purpose of this exercise is to provide an opportunity for students to interact in a simulated therapeutic environment. Counsellors can use experience to assist them in learning how to implement a therapeutic model and evaluate its effectiveness within the therapeutic milieu.
For the final assignment you are going to complete a case conceptualization. You are going to sign up in groups of 3 or 4 in the Student Online Final Group Sign-Up and videotape a 15-20 minute session creating a “mock” client couple or family. For the role play please avoid the following topics: psychological problems, abuse or trauma.
You will rotate the roles so Each person within the group will have the opportunity to play the role of the counsellor for a 15-20 minute session. The other group members will assume the roles of either a couple or a family. Therefore, group members will play several roles as each of you rotate through the counsellor role. During this video you will:
(1) Identify the couple or family problem,
(2) Ask questions that are related to your model that you choose;
(3) Develop interventions based on this model (**If you are unable to develop your intervention) discuss the intervention that might have been chosen in your paper.
Post your video link in your final paper.
1. Write a formal paper, in three sections in which you identify the work you did with your mock couple or family. You will choose one theory to use for your video and paper that was covered in this course example: Bowen Family Therapy, Structural Therapy, Emotional Focus Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Solution Focus and Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
a. The paper, not including title page, references, and abstract should 8-10 typed, double-spaced pages
b. Please do not exceed 10 pages of text
2. In the first section of the paper, describe the couple or family in question by presenting the problem
a. Discuss what brought the couple/family to therapy?
3. In the second section of the paper, you will discuss a couple/family therapy theory from this course, and how you applied it to your mock video couple or family. What is your conceptualization and treatment plan? Conceptualization refers to how a therapist working within that theory would define the problem in the family – using that theory’s concepts, what would the therapist say is “the problem,” or the reason things aren’t working well currently.
4. In the third section, will be a reflection on the following questions:
a. What were your strengths as a counsellor?
b. What were your weaknesses as a counsellor?
c. How did you see the model fitting for the client?
5. This paper should be prepared in APA format and supplemented by references from peer-reviewed journals that discuss each model.
a. Any sources used to support your paper should, of course, be cited using correct APA format. And although it can be a useful starting place to gather very general information, in order to later verify it with more substantial sources, no Wikipedia references will be accepted as scholarly citations. Here’s just one reason why: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/30699302/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/student-hoaxes-worlds-media-wikipedia/
b. Understanding Credible Sources: https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/d28fe7d3-ca8f-4f60-a842-06ed477e21c8
c. A minimum of 5 relevant research articles should be included from outside the textbook. It’s especially useful to be able to back up your claims about the efficacy of one model or another with published research findings.
d. In addition to APA format, writing quality (including grammar and spelling) will count toward the final grade. Therefore, proofreading is strongly encouraged.
- Required components: Abstract, Title page, and Reference page
- Length of Assignment: The text body of paper (i.e., not including references, title page or abstract) should consist of approximately 2000-2500 words (i.e., 8-10 pages, double-spaced typed pages, Times New Roman font size: 12).
- Format: Please, format your assignment in Word (files with extension .doc or .docx), or Rich Text Format (files with extension .rtf).
- References: 5-8
Reminder for Self-Monitoring & Resources: These role plays are solely for the purpose of practice and preparation as a counsellor. These are not intended to serve as personal counselling for students. If a student needs more support or resources as a result of role play, then please visit Yorkville’s Student Success Centre: Mental Health & Wellness: https://success.yorkvilleu.ca/wellness
MACP encourages self-work and personal counselling through appropriate sources (i.e., subject to province-based guidelines for counselling services).
Any sources used to support your written narrative should be cited using correct APA format. Although Wikipedia can be a useful starting place to gather very general information no Wikipedia references will be accepted as scholarly citations.
Use the Yorkville University Library and the EBSCO tool for academic search. It is important to select credible sources for assignments. This resource will assist students in determining which sources are credible: https://my.yorkvilleu.ca/ask/credible-source-guide/
Please do not email your submissions to your professor, either before or after the due date; all coursework should be submitted through the online course (Moodle).
- The system will not allow you to resubmit after the due date. In the event of an emergency situation preventing, you from submitting within this time frame, special permission must be obtained from your professor prior to the deadline. Documentation substantiating emergency is required. In such a circumstance, if the extension is granted, the professor will reopen the submission function for you on an individual basis.
The following rubric indicates those areas you should be focusing on in preparing your assignment, and how the professor will weigh these components relative to one another.
|Criteria||% of Assignment Grade|
|Discusses a couple or family in question.||/10|
|Analyzes systemic theory-based interventions that align with the chosen clinical model.||/25|
|Applies counselling techniques that are aligned with a marital, couple, and family theoretical model.||/25|
|Reflects on self as the counsellor.||/10|
|Discusses the strengths and weaknesses of the model and how the model fit for the client.||/10|
|Writes clearly, effectively, and professionally.||/10|
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order
Other Solved Questions: