For this assignment you will select a person that is different than you in at least one of the diversity areas we study in this class
For this assignment you will select a person that is different than you in at least one of the diversity areas we study in this class (race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc.). You will meet with this person on at least two (2) different occasions for at least one (1) hour each time. It is preferred that these meetings are face to face. If that is not possible, please discuss options with the instructor. With the selected individual, discuss significant differences and similarities between the two of you, paying attention to everyday life experiences as well as major life experiences.
The objectives of this report are to: (1) View the world through the lens of someone significantly different than you; (2) Appreciate the similarities that exist between humans even in the face of significant differences.
Content of Report
For this written assignment, you will need to address the following:
- Whom did you interview and why?
- In what major way(s) is this individual different than you (age, gender, race, sexual orientation, etc.)?
- What significant differences did you discover in everyday life experiences?
- What significant differences did you discover in major life experiences?
- What was the most surprising difference you discovered?
- What significant similarities did you discover in everyday life experiences?
- What significant similarities did you discover in major life experiences?
- What was the most surprising similarity you discovered?
- What was the most unexpected information you learned from this activity?
- How comfortable were you in talking with this individual?
- Describe how this activity contributed to your diversity awareness.
Format of the Report
- Font = 12 point; Arial or Times New Roman. Line spacing 2.0. If you do not adhere to this format, points will be deducted.
- Your report will be 4 pages in length (not counting the bibliography or title page).
- Be sure to use appropriate language; do NOT use colloquial language; this is an official written assignment.
- Grammar and spelling are important to this assignment.
- Remember to cite all references including the person interviewed. Dates of the interviews should be cited. Follow APA style (6th edition;
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order