“The Costs of Globalization” Please respond to the following:
- Globalization and the freedom of trade existed before all the boarders and international boundaries were set up and trade regulations put in place. Based on the information in Chapter 3 of the textbook, provide your opinion as to whether you believe that territorialization and international boundaries are based on fear of invasion or a tactic to protect a country’s own economy. Provide a rationale for your response.
Assignment 1: Position Paper
Public administration is an essential link between citizens and governments. With the rapid pace of globalization, the public sector is under even greater pressure to increase its capacity to deal with the new challenges and opportunities that globalization presents. The relationship of globalization and governance is multidimensional. States / countries with high levels of integration with the rest of the world tend to have better governance outcomes on the whole. Of course, the quality of governance can be directly related to the social and economic integration between states. The gross domestic product (GDP) per capita, religion, natural resources, fractionalization, and government size largely decide the outcomes.
Like globalization, governance can be conceived broadly or narrowly. How does globalization affect macroeconomic policymaking?
In this assignment, you are expected to select one (1) country and:
- Discuss a significant issue / challenge arising from globalization that has taken place in the last three to six (3-6) months.
- Critically evaluate the current policy(ies) for the issue / challenge.
- Consider possible alternatives.
- Advocate a particular policy choice and provide rationale.
Use the Internet to conduct research for this assignment. Here are two (2) resources to get you started:
- Scan the article titled, “Globalization and Governance: Definition, Variation, and Explanation” located here.
- Review the slide show “Tips for Writing a Policy Analysis” located here .
Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
- Provide an introduction and context for the issue / challenge.
- Summarize what existing literature says about the selected issue / challenge and the selected country’s policies impacting the issue.
- Suggest two (2) policy options that the selected country’s government could follow in order to resolve the issue / challenge.
- Recommend one (1) policy action based on your analysis of a set of alternatives. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
- Provide at least three (3) reliable, relevant, peer-reviewed references (no more than one  used previously), published within the last five (5) years that support the paper’s claims.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the major concepts and theories to international relations and politics.
- Analyze the local impact of global public administration policies and relationships.
- Analyze the core controversies, theories, and rationale surrounding global public administration.
- Formulate domestic and international public policy alternatives and arguments.
- Describe how policies shift over time when applied to global public administration challenges.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international public administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about international public administration using proper writing mechanics.