Topic 2 DQ 1
Content providers continually try to create technologies to protect their patent, trademark, and intellectual property. Sony BMG implemented copy protection software with a stated intent of disallowing illegal copying of content. It was later discovered that the Sony software included “Rootkit” software creating vulnerabilities that were exploited by other malware. How can we, as a society, support legal and ethical use of content while maintaining a level of certainty that our own systems and our own rights are not being violated by those purporting to be trusted providers of content?
Topic 2 DQ 2
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) allows for civil penalties in the case of infringement or other violations. Andrew Paul Lenard was awarded $1.6 million in actual damages by the Third Circuit court. According to the DMCA, do you think this award was appropriate? Support your rationale using case law.
Privacy and intellectual property laws have always been essential for outlining what is societally acceptable. In a 3-5-minute video/screencast presentation (containing 8-12 slides), explain how privacy and intellectual property laws have been profoundly impacted by the digital age.
For presentations, suggested tools include Loom, Camstudio, Screencast-O-Matic, voiceover PowerPoint, or screencast. On Windows, there are free applications that do this, for example Camstudio or Screencast-O-Matic. Macs have this capability built-in.
Within the presentation, make sure to address the following:
- Is the method of enacting laws based on 1700s technologies (e.g., All Writs Act, 1789) capable of providing foundational laws in the digital age? Why or why not?
- What types of intellectual property need protection/laws?
- How can cybersecurity laws be enforced and who is enforcing them (e.g., United States v. Ivanov)?
- How does infringement of a cybersecurity law affect those infringed upon and those infringing?
- What was the court’s rationale in Universal City Studios, Inc. v. Corley, 273 F. 3d 429 (2d Cir. 2001)?
In addition, make sure to integrate a variety of visuals and evidence to support the presentation.
You will be graded on your ability to provide:
- Detailed and cited content (to include a brief introduction as well as reference section containing a minimum of three academic resources)
- A comprehensive and consistent focus throughout the presentation
- Effective communication in your awareness of the technical audience
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order
Other Solved Questions: