Health inequities are differences in the health status of populations based on social conditions and/or distribution of resources between groups. This journal assignment is to analyze a current issue noted in the media related to health inequity. Social determinants of health contribute to health disparity.
For this journal:
- Identify a health inequity or health disparity noted in the media and cite the media source.
- State the incidence, prevalence and severity of this health disparity that you have identified among subpopulations that are socioeconomically disadvantaged as well as medically underserved in either rural or urban communities.
- 3. Find two evidence-based articles related to your specific health issue. (Articles have to be within the last 5 years)
- Analyze the effect of social determinants on the quality of health related to this inequity.
- Apply the EBP articles to the current issue in the media that you have identified: Is it relevant? Accurate? What would you add to the media presentation? Does the media accurately portray the health disparity?
- What specific community/public health nursing interventions could be effective in addressing this issue, specifically addressing all levels of prevention?
- How does this issue relate to Mercy and Jesuit values?