Identify a public health or health promotion theory you are using to support the implementation of your recommended prevention and health promotion activities
The epidemiology paper is a practice immersion assignment designed to be completed in three sections. This is part three of the assignment. Learners are required to identify theories for implementation and evaluation of prevention and health promotion activities for an at-risk population.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that support your position by referencing six to eight scholarly resources. At least three of your supporting references must be from scholarly sources other than the assigned readings.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the?LopesWrite Technical Support articles?for assistance.
This assignment comprises the third and final part of the epidemiology paper. Write a 2,000-2,500-word paper that addresses the following:
- Identify a public health or health promotion theory you are using to support the implementation of your recommended prevention and health promotion activities. Provide rationale to support the use of this theory within the program you designed.
- Design evidenced-based prevention and health promotion activities that can be implemented to decrease the health risk among your previously identified population. Activities should be realistic and appropriate for the population.
- Create an implementation plan for putting the recommended activities into action, including a timeline and expected outcomes.
- Identify the evaluation program you will use to determine the efficacy of your health promotion activities and explain how the evaluation program will help the activities to achieve their expected outcomes.
- Explain how implementing your recommended prevention and health promotion activities will help to meet the basic needs of this at-risk population and thereby contribute to the common good of the individual, community, and society.
Submit part three of the epidemiology paper with parts one and two attached, indicating where instructor feedback was incorporated and changes or revisions were made. Part two should also include logical transitions that will connect to the ideas presented in part three to create a seamless scholarly paper. Upload the final paper to Typhon.
Portfolio Practice Immersion Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives and are intended to be application-based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours and are indicated in the assignment by a Portfolio Practice Immersion Hours statement that reminds you, the learner, to enter a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.
To earn portfolio practice immersion hours, enter the following after the references section of your paper: