Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx.
Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append. Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Assignment Description Emergency Plan for the Older Adult
Locate the American Red Cross in your area: http://www.redcross.org/ or in person.
- Identify what is necessary for emergency supplies to have on hand for a healthy older adult. Consider visiting with an older family member or friend to identify specific needs for this older adult (reasonable for this person)
- Assist the older adult (OA) in creating their Personal Emergency Plan and contacts
- Describe what the OA was surprised to need or what they seemed to predict on their own
- Why is this important for OA singles or couples who live independently without services?
- Complete at least two slides for each bullet point with a total of 10 slides
Length: Minimum of 10 content slides Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, and reference slide in APA format. The title/objective/reference slides do not count towards the minimum slide count for this assignment.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft PPT document (.pptx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example RHall Assignment 1.docx)
Submission: Submit to the D2L dropbox for grading prior to Monday at 11:59pm PST