Family and Medical Leave Act and Core HR Functions
In this assignment, you consider the impact of relevant elements of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) on teamwork and your choice of one other core function of a human resources department. In preparation for the assignment, you must choose from the following HR functions:
- Hiring—employment and recruitment activities.
- Retention—employee relations activities.
- Compensation—compensation and benefits activities.
- Training—employee training and development activities.
Use the Capella University Library and professional or academic resources on the Internet to research the effect of FMLA on both teamwork and your chosen function.
Note: Be sure to read the preparation section of this assignment.
Part 1: Analyze how FMLA has affected both teamwork and one of the following core functions of a human resources department. Your analysis should include both positive and negative consequences of the act.
Part 2: Complete the following:
- Discuss two strategies that human resource managers have employed to successfully mitigate the negative effects of the act on teamwork.
- Explain how these strategies have effected employee satisfaction.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting standards.
- Number of resources: Include a minimum of three resources.
- Page length: 5–6 pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Family and Medical Leave Act and Core HR Functions Scoring Guide.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Capella University Library.
- How Do I Find Peer-Reviewed Articles?
- The Writing Center.
- APA Style and Format.
- APA Paper Template.
- APA Paper Tutorial.