Business Law I – Week 7 Assignment
Breach Of Contract
Johnny, a neighbor who is not a merchant under the Uniform Commercial Code, offers to buy a car from Mark for $30,000. Mark asks Johnny for some time to think about it. Johnny says sure. He writes on a piece of paper that he will keep the offer open for two weeks.
A week later Johnny sees another car he would rather buy. He purchases that, and then he tells Mark that he is revoking his offer.
Two days after that Mark said: “I’m sorry Johnny you made an offer in writing to buy my car. I’m going to hold you to that.”
Johnny replied: “Sorry I cannot do that. But I will promise to pay you $10,000 for the help you gave me last year around the house.” Somewhat mollified Mark accepts.
A week later and Johnny decided to renege on that promise as well.
Fed up, Mark sued Johnny for breach of contract on both the promise to buy the car and the promise for the $10,000.
Discuss whether the elements of a contract are satisfied here.
Your paper should be 500-750 words, and should include at least two cited external sources.
ETH301 Week 7
Environmental Issues Faced By Business and Society
Research and explain the importance of an environmental issue (fracking, hazardous waste disposal, oil pipeline leaks, deforestation, etc.) faced by business and society.
- Additionally, describe at least two strategic approaches organizations are using to respond to the issue.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write approximately 2 pages using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.