Lisa Pittman Gender: female Age: 29 years old T- 99.8 P- 101
1. Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider the insights they provide.
2.Review the Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation template, which you will use to complete this Assignment.
3. By Day 1 of this week, select a specific video case study to use for this Assignment from the Video Case Selections choices in the Learning Resources. View your assigned video case and review the additional data for the case in the “Case History Reports” document, keeping the requirements of the evaluation template in mind.
4. Consider what history would be necessary to collect from this patient.
5. Consider what interview questions you would need to ask this patient.
6. Identify at least three possible differential diagnoses for the patient.
7. Complete and submit your Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation, including your differential diagnosis and critical-thinking process to formulate primary diagnosis. Incorporate the following into your responses in the template:
- Subjective: What details did the patient provide regarding their chief complaint and symptomology to derive your differential diagnosis? What is the duration and severity of their symptoms? How are their symptoms impacting their functioning in life?
- Objective: What observations did you make during the psychiatric assessment?
- Assessment: Discuss the patient’s mental status examination results. What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses with supporting evidence, listed in order from highest priority to lowest priority. Compare the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for each differential diagnosis and explain what DSM-5 criteria rules out the differential diagnosis to find an accurate diagnosis. Explain the critical-thinking process that led you to the primary diagnosis you selected. Include pertinent positives and pertinent negatives for the specific patient case.
- Reflection notes: What would you do differently with this client if you could conduct the session over??Also include in your reflection a discussion related to legal/ethical considerations (demonstrate critical thinking beyond confidentiality and consent for treatment!), health promotion and disease prevention taking into consideration patient factors (such as age, ethnic group, etc.), PMH, and other risk factors (e.g., socioeconomic, cultural background, etc.).
CASE STUDY SELECTED:
Training Title 82
Name: Lisa Pittman Gender: female Age: 29 years old T- 99.8 P- 101 R 20 178/94 Ht 5’6 Wt 140lbs Background: Lisa is in a West Palm Beach, FL detox facility thinking about long term rehab. She has been smoking crack cocaine, approximately $100 daily. She admits to cannabis 1–2 times weekly (“I have a medical card”), and 2–3 alcohol drinks once weekly. She has past drug possession and theft convictions; currently on 2 yr probation with randomized drug screens. She tries to find the pattern for the calls in order not to test dirty urine. Her admission labs abnormal for ALT 168 AST 200 ALK 250; bilirubin 2.5, albumin 3.0; her GGT is 59; UDS positive for cocaine, THC. Negative for alcohol or other drugs. BAL 0; other labs within normal ranges. She reports sexual abuse as child ages 5–7, perpetrator being her father who went to prison for the abuse and drug charges. She is estranged from him. Mother lives in Alabama, hx of anxiety, benzodiazepine use. Older brother has not contact with family in last 10 years, hx of opioid use. Sleeps 4-5 hrs, appetite decreased, prefers to get high instead of eating. Allergies: amoxicillin She is considering treatment for her Hep C+ but needs to get clean first. Symptom Media. (Producer). (2017).
Training title 82 [Video]. https://video-alexanderstreetcom.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/watch/training-title-82