Marketing, operations, and human resource management are core areas of business. An international setting provides unique challenges in each of these areas.
Research the topic using your textbook, Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet. Respond to the following:
- Consider a foreign company marketing its products in the United States, such as the Mexican company Cerveceria Modelo that markets Corona beer in the USA. Analyze the complexities of one of the following:
- Developing product strategies (including cultural differences)
- Assessing the promotional strategies
- Developing distribution methods
- Assessing pricing strategies
- Next, consider operational issues in the U.S. market and analyze the complexities of one of these following issues:
- Production strategies
- Accessing physical resources and managing inventory
- Maintaining quality
- Financing the operations
- From the perspective of a small company venturing into international operations for the first time, discuss what you feel are the three most difficult issues that must be overcome in recruiting, selecting, and training workers. Explain how each difficulty might be overcome.
By the due date assigned, submit your assignment to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two of your peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation