NUR4108 Policy Brief Guideline/Rubric Course Objectives, Program Outcomes, and AACN Essentials:
1. Participate as a nursing professional in political processes and grassroots legislative efforts to influence healthcare policy.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory environments, including local, state, national, and global healthcare trends.
3. Explore the impact of socio-cultural, economic, legal, and political factors influencing healthcare delivery and practice.
4. Identify the implications of healthcare policy on the issues of access, equity, affordability, and social justice in healthcare delivery.
5. Examine legislative and regulatory processes relevant to the provision of healthcare.