AFRICAN AMERICAN CASE STUDY #1
Robert Collins is a 49-year-old African American. He resides in the inner city of Detroit, Michigan, with his extended family. He has a 43-year-old wife and five children, aged 26, 18, 16, 14, and 10. His wife, his elderly mother, three of his children (aged 16, 14, and 10), two grandchildren, and his sick sister-in-law represent the household
Mr. Collins completed the 11th grade and maintains employment in a steel factory. Although he works more than 40 hours a week, his income places him at the poverty level. He cannot afford to purchase health insurance. Mr. Collins’s 18-year-old daughter, Chloe, is pregnant for the third time and is a single parent. Mr. Collins is caring for her other two children. Chloe is going to night school to complete her high school education. The Collins family goes to church every Sunday and is actively involved in the church.
Mrs. Collins was diagnosed with cancer, and she is receiving spiritual healing from her pastor and church for this illness. Mr. Collins is extremely concerned about his wife’s health and has increased his tobacco use.
1. Name one occupation-related disease for which Mr. Collins is at risk.
2. Identify one family member who is likely to be caring for the younger children in the family.
3. Describe three cultural beliefs that Chloe may have regarding her pregnancy.
4. Discuss the role of spirituality in this family.
5. Identify two religious or spiritual practices in which Mrs. Collins may be engaging.
6. Because Mrs. Collins has cancer, discuss possible cultural thoughts she may have regarding death and dying.
7. Identify two diseases common among African American men.
8. Identify the high school dropout rate among African American teens in the inner city.
9. Name one tobacco-related disease found in the African American population.
10. Name two dietary health risks for African Americans.
11. Identify five characteristics to consider when assessing the skin of African American clients.
12. Name two skin conditions common among African Americans.
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order