Assignment: Applying Medical Terminology
Scenario: You are assisting a physician and scribing for him as he examines a patient that arrived in the Emergency Room.
Paramedics report the patient Don Smith date of birth (DOB) July 1, 1985, was an unrestrained driver in a motor vehicle accident about 20 minutes ago with a chief complaint pain in the left lower quadrant of his abdomen, left arm, left leg and head. Patient denies any loss of consciousness or dizziness. Vitals were a blood pressure of 165/84, the pulse of 108, breaths of 24, the temperature of 96.8, pulse ox of 98 percent. Splints were placed on the left leg, and the left arm was in a sling. The head was wrapped with gauze with signs of blood.
You are going to create a PowerPoint (10-15 slides with title and reference slides) and use Screencast-o-Matic to record and present this scenario.
- Summarize the above Paramedic report using abbreviations for the bolded items.
- Create one slide for each of the following system using medical terminology were appropriate:
- Your summary slide should indicate the overall condition of the patient and any contemplated treatments.
- Some things to consider are patients history:
- Diabetes, type I
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Curvature of the spine
- Kidney stones
- Depression & anxiety
- Initial observations: (You may add any other things you think appropriate)
- Cut in the forehead above nose with bump 2 cm to the right side of the cut.
- Elbow area black and blue with signs of bone pushing out on the skin.
- Discoloration of skin in the abdomen area of pain.
- Discoloration of knee area that appears enlarged.
You are expected to correctly pronounce the medical terminology in your presentation with a minimum of 25 different medical terms. Please provide a separate list in the dropbox with the medical term followed by the breakdown of the term in parentheses. (prefix, root/combining form, suffix)
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order