Influence of Political Stakeholder and Historical Events
We begin with an introduction of a historical perspective nursing and of graduate nursing practice roles. The practice of nursing has evolved over time and has experienced a paradigm shift from an individual to a population focus for patient-centered nursing care systems. Nursing care models embrace not only institutional but also community-oriented nursing practice models. A humanistic approach to nursing practice is no longer enough; there is now a need to emphasize quality measures such as positive health outcomes, patient safety, and contemporary metrics such as value-based purchasing, core measures, and, patient satisfaction.
Required Reading & Resources
- Chapters 1 & 11 in Scott, B & Thompson, M. (Eds). (2019). Transitioning from RN to MSN: principles of professional role development. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- APA Tutorial Located in The Writing Center
Recommended Reading & Resources
- American Nurses Association. (2018). The history of the American Nurses Association.
- Brenan, M. (2018, December 20). Americans rate nurses highest on honesty, ethical standards. Gallup News.
- International Council of Nurses. (2017). Our mission, strategic intent, core values, and priorities.
1. APA Tutorial: Review the APA 7th Edition manual located in the Writing Center, which can be found in The Writing Center. Please take a screenshot of something in the tutorials you learned and will use in your writing. Submit with the activity.
2. Select a political stakeholder who has influenced the nursing profession. This individual may be past or present at the local, state, national, or global level.
- Discuss how the political stakeholder influenced nursing practice.
- Identify and discuss at least one key positive impact as a result of the political stakeholder’s influence.
- Identify and discuss at least one negative impact (real or potential) as a result of the political stakeholder’s influence.
3. Select a historical nursing figure who has influenced the nursing profession. *Do not choose Nightingale.
- Discuss how the nursing figure influenced nursing practice.
- Identify and discuss at least one key positive impact as a result of the historical nursing figure’s influence.
- Identify and discuss at least one negative (real or potential) impact as a result of the historical nursing figure’s influence.
4. Create a timeline of major events in the history of your intended nursing specialty focus. Include a brief description of each event and how it impacted nursing practice.
5. Considering we learn from history, including the mistakes and successes, write a brief summary of how these historical influences impact your perspective of your future practice.
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of three scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
|Other media (Prezi, etc.) presentation||
|Graphs or other illustrations||
|Note: Title and reference pages/slides do not count towards the count requirements.|
To do: View
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon Code: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order