Be sure to visit the Overview of Required Assignments page to review the instructions for RA 2 due in Module 7 because this assignment provides the foundation for RA 2. For this assignment, you will complete an academic literature review of current operations management strategies with an emphasis on best practices for incorporating new and established technologies into business operations.
In completing this assignment, you will choose at least seven peer-reviewed articles from the Argosy University online library resources (beyond the required readings). You will review, analyze, and synthesize the selected materials. Later, you will use this information in RA 2 to develop a case study that details a business process reengineering (BPR) strategy for integrating IT with the goal of improving selected operational aspects of the business.
The purpose of this literature review is for you to practice the following:
- Critically review the articles and understand how the concepts are related
- Synthesize the various concepts and results of the review
- Write a collective analysis of the articles
Download and review the following resources you will need to complete the literature review:
- Suggestions for Writing Effective and Organized Papers: Use this guide for help with structuring the content of your paper in a cohesive manner.
- APA Quick Reference Sheet: Refer to this resource for help with APA style regarding in-text citations, reference entries, and paper formatting.
- Review of the Literature: Apply the concepts in this document when writing your review of the literature.
Complete the following:
- Select at least seven peer-reviewed articles from the Argosy University online library resources (beyond the required readings) with an emphasis on the best practices for incorporating new and established technologies into business operations using BPR.
- Then, write a literature review that includes the following:
- Provide an introduction of the context of the articles. Describe the operations management strategies.
- Identify key themes that emerge from the selected articles.
- Analyze the patterns of similarities and differences in how each author has presented each theme.
- Evaluate the implications of operations management strategies on the successful management and leadership of an enterprise.
Note: A literature review is not simply a summary of the articles, but is a synthesis of the many ideas and concepts presented in the various articles.
Write a 2-page paper in Word format. Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.