- Value: 10% of the final grade.
- Due Date: on or before 11:55 p.m. AT on Sunday of Unit 4.
- Communicate effectively when working in groups
- Demonstrate reflective thinking through journaling
- Apply critical thinking to a therapeutic interaction
- Evaluate professional growth
The purpose of this assignment is for students to challenge and expand their personal norms regarding the behavioural, social, and emotional functioning of families and their members, and to engage in reflective self-assessment as a developing therapist. Counsellors need to be able to self-reflect on their own actions, interactions and thought processes so they can identify the existence of possible biases and emergence of feelings that may impact the therapeutic relationship.
By the end of Unit 1, sign up for a seminar discussion group using the Student Online Meeting Sign-Up sheet. Please use the following format to propose a meeting day/time during Unit 4, or to add your name to an existing day/time. There should be no more than 4 per group.During Unit 4, at the proposed date and time, go to the Online Meeting space defined in the wiki and discus each of the following questions with your classmates.
Challenges of Couple and Family Therapy
a. What aspects of couple or family therapy seem most challenging or intimidating to you?
b. How do you feel about the idea of managing 2 or more clients in the room simultaneously?
c. What do you think will be most difficult about working with more than individual?
d. What do you think could be interesting or enjoyable about working with more than one individual?
Origin of Therapist
a. How do you see your culture playing a role in the type of therapist that you strive to become?
b. How does your family of origin impact you as a therapist?
c. How would you work with a population that is culturally different from you?
d. Having identified your biases; how do you see yourself leaving them outside the therapy room?
e. What aspects of your own family history are likely to influence your work with couples and families?
a. If you decided to split up the couple, how would handle the issue if one part of the couple reveals a secret during an individual session
b. If you learned during a family session that there was child abuse occurring in the family what would be your next steps?
c. If you learned in a couple session that intimate partner violence was occurring what would be your next steps?
a. Are there other aspects of couple/family therapy that you feel ambivalent about?
b. Are there any aspects that you are excited about?
c. Are there any aspects that you are curious about?
d. Are there any aspects that you are confused about?
Write a short Learning Journal (4-5 typed, double-spaced pages of text if over this page limit there will be a deduction in points), in which you briefly share your own responses to each of the discussion prompts. Please also address the following questions:
a. Please describe any “take-home messages” you gathered from the discussion as a whole.
b. As a result of reflecting upon this conversation, is there anything that has changed or evolved in your thinking? Please elaborate.
- Required components: Title page
- Length of Assignment: The text body of paper (i.e., not including references, title page or abstract) should consist of approximately 1000-1250 words (i.e., 4-5 page range) double-spaced typed pages, Times New Roman font size: 12).
- Format: Please, format your assignment in Word (files with extension .doc or .docx), or Rich Text Format (files with extension .rtf).
Please access the course room materials to support assignment development.
Any sources used to support your written narrative should be cited using correct APA format. Although Wikipedia can be a useful starting place to gather very general information no Wikipedia references will be accepted as scholarly citations.
Use the Yorkville University Library and the EBSCO tool for academic search. It is important to select credible sources for assignments. This resource will assist students in determining which sources are credible: https://my.yorkvilleu.ca/ask/credible-source-guide/
Please do not email your submissions to your professor, either before or after the due date; all coursework should be submitted through the online course (Moodle).
- The system will not allow you to resubmit after the due date. In the event of an emergency situation preventing, you from submitting within this time frame, special permission must be obtained from your professor prior to the deadline. Documentation substantiating emergency is required. In such a circumstance, if the extension is granted, the professor will reopen the submission function for you on an individual basis.
The following rubric indicates those areas you should be focusing on in preparing your assignment, and how the professor will weigh these components relative to one another.
|Criteria||% of Assignment Grade|
|Description of Seminar Discussion||/20|
|Demonstrated Reflective Self-Assessment and Self-Awareness||/30|
|Integrated Thoughts and Ideas of Other Students||/30|
|APA Format and Writing Quality||/20|
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order
Other Solved Questions: