Chamberlain College of Nursing
NR304 Health Assessment II
1 Teaching Brochure Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is to allow students to integrate their knowledge of health assessment as it related to a medical diagnosis and teaching needs. Students will develop a tri-fold or bi-fold brochure for a client that will provide information about a specific disease, the related symptoms, and the management approaches.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO2. Identify teaching/learning needs from the health history of an individual. (PO#2, PO#5). Explain expected client behaviors while differentiating between normal findings, variations, and abnormalities. (PO#1)
DUE DATE: Sunday December 9, 2018 by 11:59 pm. ALL LATE PROCEDURE Policy WILL BE STRICLTY ADHERED TO – NO EXCEPTIONS!
TOTAL POINTS POSSIBLE: 100 POINTS
- Research a disease process using two scientific articles from nursing journals.
- Develop a teaching brochure which could be given to a client who is newly diagnosed with this disease to help them understand the signs and symptoms, disease process, and management approaches.
Sections to include:
- Subjective Findings
- Objective Findings
- Description of Disease (brief)
- Risk Factors/Causes
- Medications (Note: You have not taken your pharmacology course yet, so please do not focus on medication treatment. Under this section please add only one sentence “Your practitioner may recommend over the counter medications or prescription medications to treat your disease.” But, please do not go into any additional detail.)
- Include at least one image and up to three images that would help the client understand classic symptoms of the disease process. This picture should assist the class in better understanding the disease process.
- Include your references on the back of the brochure in APA format.
- Submit your brochure on time to the Dropbox (I will not accept emailed copies). Be sure to save the electronic file with your last name and first initial and the diagnosis you are describing.
PREPARING THE BROCHURE
- Identify appropriate articles for review.
- Begin to search for images in your textbook or online (make sure you reference your source).
- Begin the project as soon as possible, allowing yourself plenty of time to make it look good. This means the brochure should be print ready. I expect these to look professional which means you need to spend some time on it.
DIRECTIONS AND GRADING CRITERIA
|Format||20||27||Brochure is developed as a bi-fold or tri-fold brochure. Submittedontimeandproperly labeled. Written for the appropriate age group. References are in APAformat and include at least 2 nursing journal articles. Includes at least one and up to three appropriate images and the image source is acknowledged. Note this more than 25% of your grade – follow directions!|
|Definitionof Medical Diagnosis||10||5.5||Definesthemedical diagnosisclearlyand concisely.|
|Subjective Findings||10||13.5||Clearly identifies the common subjective findings and key history questions. Differentiates subjective from objective.|
|Objective Findings||15||13.5||Clearly identifies the common objective findings and key physical exam techniques. Includes pertinent procedures and laboratory findings. Differentiates objective from subjective.|
|Risk Factors/ Causes||15||13.5||Clearly identifiesindividualsatrisk forthemedical diagnosis, including modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors.|
|Management||15||13.5||Includes a concise summary of the management approach for the disease process in terms that a client can understand.
|100||100||A quality brochure will meet or exceed the above requirements.|