Using Microsoft Visio or online network diagraming tools as identified in the Topic Materials
Proper network design provides for layered security, not only isolating users and their traffic, but also preventing attackers from easily traversing a network (pivoting).
- Using Microsoft Visio or online network diagraming tools as identified in the Topic Materials, diagram a secure network design for an enterprise network.
- An enterprise network is defined as 1000+ clients for various corporate departments, 50–100 servers providing typical network services, network infrastructure using layer 3 switches, and layered routing to provide separation of subnets.
- Your diagram, at a minimum, should include the following secure network design elements: Firewalls, IDS/IPS, DMZ, Vlans, Border and Gateway routers, private IP addressing, Isolated Server Subnets, Network Access Control, and VPN concentrator.
- In roughly 250–500 words, describe your design and how it follows the concept of fundamental design principles such as “Layered Security.”
- Make sure to address how the fundamental principles underlying cybersecurity principles interrelate and can be typically employed to achieve assured security solutions, as well as the mechanisms that may be built from or due to these principles.
- Make sure to describe the key concepts in network defense and how network defense tools are used to defend against attacks and mitigate vulnerabilities,
- Include your diagram within the description for reference.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.