What obstacles might patients have with control over how their health information is accessed
Discussion Question 1: As the only informatics nurse at your local community hospital your CNO relies on you to translate major developments in policy and reimbursements that have direct implications for the department and the facility. How could you defend the relationship between standardized terminology and financial reimbursements related to meaningful use?
Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
The patient presents to your office with a Personal Health Records (PHR). Remembering, medical records and PHRs are not the same thing, complete both of the following:
1. Develop and create an educational tool (brochure, flyer pamphlet) that you can provide to your patients that address the following areas:
- How do you access it?
- What obstacles might you identify?
- Frequently Asked Questions
2. Develop and create an educational tool (brochure, flyer pamphlet) for providers to understand the PHR that address the following areas:
- How can we make sure PHR information is accurate, reliable, and complete?
- What obstacles might patients have with control over how their health information is accessed, used, and disclosed?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What advantages and disadvantages are there?
- What does the clinician need to understand?
Length: answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)
M3 Assignment UMBO – 1, 2, 4, 5
M3 Assignment PLG – 1, 3, 4, 5
M3 Assignment CLO –1, 3