Write a 1750-2000 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) sources in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- Use your favorite Internet search engine and find an example of a successful alliance that has led to a technological breakthrough and an alliance that was not successful.
- What attributes were described as contributing to the success of the alliance?
- What were the reasons given for the failure?
- How are these related to each other?
- What does this tell you about keys to success in planning an alliance?
- Find a firm that has been very active in growing through acquisition of technology.
- Did the company have a clear plan for how it wanted to approach alliance formation?
- Has the company been successful in achieving its goals?
- If an alliance is in the future of the organization you are working for, what are some of the issues each level of the organization should be concerned with?
- In other words, what are the issues that top management should address? Middle management? Supervisors? Non-management personnel?
- What are the potential advantages of an alliance for each of the levels?
- Find an article or website that provides guidelines for the planning of acquisition of technology.
- What do you think of the advice given?
Length: 1750 – 2000 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)
M5 Assignment UMBO – 4, 5
M5 Assignment PLG – MSIM – 2, 5 MSNI – 7
M5 Assignment CLO – 3, 12