Review Ch. 8, 10, and 12 of Organizational Behavior in Connect®.
You have worked at your current employer for five years. Recently your company merged with a much larger Boston Accounting Firm to improve efficiencies, increase revenues, cut costs and adopt best practice in the industry. After the merger, you find yourself on a team of four other individuals that you have never met. Each individual is from a different department: Auditing, Tax, Corporate Governance, Legal and Insurance. The purpose of your team is to downsize your department in terms of employees.
Create a 10-slide restructuring and downsizing plan presentation with speaker notes that can be used in each department.
Answer the following questions in your plan:
- Why is the change needed?
- What will change?
- Who will be affected?
- How will they be affected?
- How will potential conflict be managed?
- How will trust be strengthened or repaired?
- How will power be shared in the organization after the restructuring/downsizing?
- What tactics will be used to achieve a successful restructuring/downsizing transition? What tactics will be avoided?
- What are the benefits of the planned changes?
- What is the timeframe of implementation?
- How will changes be communicated to the employees?
Cite a minimum of one outside reference.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.