Instructions from professor:
You must prepare a 15 to 20 page paper (including figures, tables and references) on the role of risk assessment in a current environmental issue. The paper should summarize the issue, characterize the risks, discuss risk tradeoffs, and suggest how you think the issue should be resolved. Characterizing the risk means including information from particular risk studies appropriate to your topic. It is not enough to mention that a risk exists. Be sure to focus on risk aspects and less on background material.
To merit an A:
1. The paper should include some quantitative analysis. Also, using tools such as Fault Tree Analysis, Calculating 95% confidence intervals or applying the “What If” technique of hazard analysis will make for a perfect score.
2. Paper provides significant understanding to the chosen topic.
3. Research sources are primarily scholarly, peer-reviewed articles and/or relevant government/organization websites. At least (6) of these references provided. All references listed must be cited within the paper.
4. Paper is well written/clear; therefore, reader has no problems in following the paper’s logic.
5. Paper contains minimal grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
6. Entire paper conforms to APA 6th ed. formatting, including in-text citations and references.
7. Submitted paper is within 10% of the assigned length. This is the outline that I had already done but please don’t hesitate to change it up as you see fit if you have a better approach.
II. Summarize the Issue- The Decline in Wild Bee Species A. Imporatance of Wild Bee Pollination B. Economic Impacts C. Reasons for the Decline in Wild Bees 1. Pesticide Exposure (pick one pesticide) 2. Habitat Loss 3. Climate Change
III. Characterization of the Risk A. Risk Studies B. Quantitative Analysis IV. Risk Tradeoffs V. How the Issue Should be Resolved