Develop a plan to gain accreditation.
Your department head knows that you are in a graduate program and has volunteered your service to Dr. Strong, the head of the department that deals with accreditation and licensure in your facility. Dr. Strong has asked you to develop a plan to gain accreditation for a new facility that your organization is opening.
The plan needs to include the following:
- What accreditation does the facility need?
- Why is accreditation, specifically this accreditation, important?
- How long will it take? You should justify why it will take this amount of time.
- What resources will be needed?
- How much will it cost? Direct costs (actual dollars paid out and impact on revenue and expenses if the facility is not accredited and/or licensed)
- Your conclusions and comments
The plan should include:
- Written discussions for items 1, 2 and 6.
- You may utilize tables, bulleted lists, and/or timelines for items 3, 4 and 5 if you feel that you can do a better job of presenting the information in this format rather than in paragraph form.
- If you do use lists, etc., make sure that you provide enough discussion so that the reader understands what the list, etc. is telling them.
- Include a minimum of 4-5 references (you may utilize the scholarly/peer reviewed articles, professional journal articles, and accreditation/licensure websites).