Your first task will be to identify a subject that you could conceivably write about in your graduate studies. For example
Benefits of this assignment: This assignment allows you to become familiar with using the Internet and Library to find useful research. This assignment also allows you to start understanding how to evaluate sources for your research assignment.
For the process of writing in a graduate-level course, you are expected to have a solid grasp of writing a well-researched assignment. The Internet offers a large amount of information, but the vast majority of it is not scholarly. Therefore, it is important to be able to identify what is a good resource and what is not. One way to evaluate information is to look at some of the distinguishing factors of the resource, such as the following:
- Is the information current and timely?
- Is the information relevant and useful?
- What is the source of the information, and how legitimate is this source?
- Is the information both accurate and objective?
- What is the reason and purpose for the information, and is there any bias from the author?
Be sure to read Evaluating Resources for more information.
Your first task will be to identify a subject that you could conceivably write about in your graduate studies. For example, you may be working on a Masters in Information Technology, and you have an interest in virtual identities.
Your next step will be to identify 3 resources on the subject using the CTU Library and the Internet.
Use this template to complete the remaining steps of this assignment.
For each article, you should identify which criteria it meets or does not meet. Try to find 1 article that fits each of the following (3 total):
- 1 resource should be a high-quality resource that meets all of the criteria.
- 1 resource should be a solid-quality resource that meets some of the criteria and could still be useful for your research.
- 1 resource should be a poor resource that meets few of the criteria and should not be included in your research.
Next, write 1–2 sentences discussing the quality of the article. Then, write a short paragraph explaining the subject matter you identified. The paragraph should include the following:
- An overview of the topic.
- What you learned from your resources.
- Why subject is interesting to you and/or your reader.
Finally, write a properly-formatted APA reference for each resource. Upload your assignment to the Submissions area of this assignment. Review the Individual Project tutorial, if needed.