Listed below are the three most challenging interview questions you may experience during the interview process. To fully prepare the student for his or her future interview
Listed below are the three most challenging interview questions you may experience during the interview process. To fully prepare the student for his or her future interview, please provide a clear and concise answer as to how you as the APRN will answer each interview question.
1-What is your biggest Weakness?
2-Describe how you resolved conflict with a co-worker or patient?
3-Tell me about yourself?
Please answer each questions by separated and at least 3 references.
Expert Answer and Explanation
Answering Interview Questions
As an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), I have weakness especially when it comes to working in a team setting. I particularly tend to lose patience whenever I work in the company of colleagues as we discuss and implement ideas pertaining to the advancement of the clinical objectives. I often have a feeling that I am a well-informed person, and for this reason, I tend to feel that any view that contradicts mine is misguided (Jerng et al., 2017).
This is why I always want other members in my team to listen to what I have to say, and take my perspective into consideration when making resolutions. As a self-sufficient person, I am less likely to depend on the other parties in my team because I have a strong conviction that I can effectively and sufficiently manage most of the clinical tasks (Babiker et al., 2014) Because of this attitude, there is a possibility that I may not relate well with colleagues while working in a team environment (Rosen et al., 2018).
Whenever I disagree with a co-worker, I make efforts to see that I collaboratively work with them to resolve the disagreement. One of the steps I would take to address the conflict is taking colleague aside and discussing with them the issue that caused the conflict. Again, I take time to listen to what the co-worker would say, and understand their concerns or fears.
By getting to know what the colleague thinks about the incident concerning the disagreement, I engage them in a constructive manner so that we work together to determine solution to the conflict (Tan & Manca, 2013). I take into consideration, their concerns when making decisions on how to resolve the issue, and this helps strengthen my relationship with colleagues at the workplace (Caesens et al.,2019).
Babiker, A., El Husseini, M., Al Nemri, A., Al Frayh, A., Al Juryyan, N., Faki, M. O., Assiri, A., Al Saadi, M., Shaikh, F., & Al Zamil, F. (2014). Health care professional development: Working as a team to improve patient care. Sudanese journal of paediatrics, 14(2), 9–16.Retrived from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4949805/.
Caesens, G., Stinglhamber, F., Demoulin, S., De Wilde, M., & Mierop, A. (2019). Perceived Organizational Support and Workplace Conflict: The Mediating Role of Failure-Related Trust. Frontiers in psychology, 9, 2704.Doi: https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.02704.
Jerng, J. S., Huang, S. F., Liang, H. W., Chen, L. C., Lin, C. K., Huang, H. F., Hsieh, M. Y., & Sun, J. S. (2017). Workplace interpersonal conflicts among the healthcare workers: Retrospective exploration from the institutional incident reporting system of a university-affiliated medical center. PloS one, 12(2), e0171696. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0171696.
Rosen, M. A., DiazGranados, D., Dietz, A. S., Benishek, L. E., Thompson, D., Pronovost, P. J., & Weaver, S. J. (2018). Teamwork in healthcare: Key discoveries enabling safer, high-quality care. The American psychologist, 73(4), 433–450. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1037/amp0000298.
Tan, A., & Manca, D. (2013). Finding common ground to achieve a “good death”: family physicians working with substitute decision-makers of dying patients. A qualitative grounded theory study. BMC family practice, 14, 14.Doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2296-14-14.
Place your order now for a similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.Use Coupon: NEW30 to Get 30% OFF Your First Order
what are the 7 most common interview questions and answers, tricky interview questions and answers, 7 most difficult interview questions, sample interview question and answer, 25 tough interview questions and answers, unique interview questions and answers, interview questions and answers pdf, what are the 10 most common interview questions and answers
What are the 7 most common interview questions and answers
As an AI language model, I can provide you with a list of 7 common interview questions and possible answers:
- Can you tell me about yourself? Answer: This is your chance to give a brief summary of your education, work experience, and skills that are relevant to the position. Keep it concise and focus on your most significant achievements.
- What are your strengths? Answer: Choose three to four strengths that align with the job description and provide examples of how you have demonstrated these strengths in previous roles.
- What are your weaknesses? Answer: Choose a weakness that is not critical to the position and demonstrate how you have taken steps to improve it. For example, “I used to struggle with public speaking, but I joined a public speaking club and took courses to improve my skills.”
- Why do you want to work here? Answer: Research the company and its values, and align your answer with how your skills and experience can contribute to the company’s goals. Be specific and show enthusiasm for the opportunity.
- What are your salary expectations? Answer: Do your research on industry standards and provide a range that is within the company’s budget. You can also ask about the salary range for the position.
- Can you give an example of a time when you overcame a challenge? Answer: Choose an example that demonstrates your problem-solving skills and resilience. Explain the challenge, your actions, and the outcome.
- Do you have any questions for us? Answer: Prepare a few questions beforehand, such as asking about the company culture or the expectations for the position. This shows that you are interested and engaged in the opportunity.
7 most difficult interview questions
As an AI language model, I can provide you with a list of 7 difficult interview questions that you may encounter:
- Can you tell me about a time when you failed? This question can be tricky because it forces you to talk about a negative experience. However, it’s important to show that you can learn from failure and turn it into a positive experience. Choose an example where you took ownership of the situation, learned from it, and took steps to prevent it from happening again.
- What are your greatest weaknesses? Similar to the previous question, this can be challenging to answer. Avoid mentioning weaknesses that are critical to the job, and instead focus on areas where you are actively working to improve. Provide examples of how you are addressing these weaknesses.
- Why should we hire you over other candidates? This question requires you to differentiate yourself from other applicants. Highlight your unique skills and experiences that align with the job requirements. Provide specific examples of how you have demonstrated these skills in the past.
- How do you handle stress or pressure? This question assesses your ability to cope with difficult situations. Provide examples of how you have successfully managed stress in the past, such as through time management, prioritization, or communication.
- Can you describe a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague? This question assesses your interpersonal skills and ability to handle conflict. Provide an example where you were able to resolve the situation through communication, collaboration, and compromise.
- What is your biggest professional regret? This question can be challenging because it forces you to talk about a negative experience. However, it’s important to show that you can reflect on your past experiences and learn from them. Choose an example where you made a mistake but took steps to learn from it and improve.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? This question assesses your career goals and aspirations. Be honest and specific about your goals, but also show that you are open to learning and growth opportunities within the company.
Unique interview questions and answers
As an AI language model, I can provide you with a list of unique interview questions and possible answers:
- If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be and why? Answer: This question assesses your creativity and personality. Choose a historical figure that inspires you or one that you would like to learn more about. Explain why this person interests you and what you would hope to discuss with them.
- What is the most innovative idea you’ve ever had? Answer: This question assesses your ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions. Choose an idea that you have developed in the past or one that you have been thinking about. Provide specific details on how you developed the idea and how it could be implemented.
- If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? Answer: This question assesses your personality and values. Choose powers that align with your strengths and values, such as the ability to heal others or the power of persuasion. Explain how you would use these powers for the greater good.
- What do you think are the biggest challenges facing our industry? Answer: This question assesses your knowledge and awareness of the industry. Do your research beforehand and provide insights into current industry trends and challenges. Offer solutions or ideas for how the company could address these challenges.
- Can you describe a time when you had to step out of your comfort zone? Answer: This question assesses your adaptability and willingness to take risks. Provide an example where you took on a new challenge or responsibility that was outside of your usual role. Explain how you overcame any initial discomfort and what you learned from the experience.
- How do you stay current with industry developments and trends? Answer: This question assesses your passion and dedication to the industry. Explain how you stay up-to-date with industry news and advancements, such as through reading industry publications or attending conferences. Provide examples of how you have used this knowledge to improve your work.
- What is one thing you would change about our company? Answer: This question assesses your critical thinking skills and ability to identify areas for improvement. Be respectful and constructive in your answer, and provide specific suggestions for how the company could improve. Offer examples of how these changes could benefit the company and its employees.