Provide a summary of your learning style according the VARK questionnaire. Describe your preferred learning strategies
Provide a summary of your learning style according the VARK
Learning styles represent the different approaches to learning based on preferences, weaknesses, and strengths. For learners to best achieve the desired educational outcome, learning styles must be considered when creating a plan. Complete “The VARK Questionnaire,”( http://vark-learn.com/the-vark-questionnaire/ ) located on the VARK website, and then complete the following:
- Click “OK” to receive your questionnaire scores.
- Once you have determined your preferred learning style, review the corresponding link to view your learning preference.
- Review the other learning styles: visual, aural, read/write, kinesthetic, and multimodal (listed on the VARK Questionnaire Results page).
- Compare your current preferred learning strategies to the identified strategies for your preferred learning style.
- Examine how awareness of learning styles has influenced your perceptions of teaching and learning.
In a paper (750‐1,000 words), summarize your analysis of this exercise and discuss the overall value of learning styles. Include the following:
- Provide a summary of your learning style according the VARK questionnaire.
- Describe your preferred learning strategies. Compare your current preferred learning strategies to the identified strategies for your preferred learning style.
- Describe how individual learning styles affect the degree to which a learner can understand or perform educational activities. Discuss the importance of an educator identifying individual learning styles and preferences when working with learners.
- Discuss why understanding the learning styles of individuals participating in health promotion is important to achieving the desired outcome. How do learning styles ultimately affect the possibility for a behavioral change? How would different learning styles be accommodated in health promotion?
Cite to at least three peer‐reviewed or scholarly sources to complete this assignment. Sources should be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Expert Answer and Explanation
My Learning Style
The ability of people to acquire knowledge differs across different personalities and environments. The learning styles and techniques of someone may be a combination of different styles that could be applied over a wide range of circumstances (Truong, 2016). Regardless of one’s physical presentation, it is necessary to learn that they can develop specific styles of learning in response to present needs. In most schools, the curriculum employed allows learners to use their styles of choice including book-based learning, tutorials, class discussions, as well as exams. Recognizing one’s own learning styles improves the speed and the quality of learning they experience in different environments.
Summary of My Learning Style According to the VARK Questionnaire
According to the VARK questionnaire, my learning preference is Multimodal, whereby I prefer learning concepts using multiple methods or channels of communication. Among these different ways, my largest preference is Kinesthetic, as I had the highest scores in the category. Kinesthetic learning implies that I prefer using my hands, body, and sense of touch when learning. From the results, it is clear that people with my preference like to use different formats of information such as maps, graphs, and diagrams (Truong, 2016). They also like using discussions, listening, questioning, and taking notes, practical exercises, as well as experiences. Most importantly, they like using things that are real such as case studies in understanding various concepts that boost their learning experience.
Fig 1. A screenshot of my scores from the VARK website. My preferred mode of learning is multimodal, with kinesthetic being the highest choice (The VARK Questionnaire, 2019).
My Preferred Learning Strategies
Among the strategies I prefer in learning include class discussions as well as class lectures that have illustrative diagrams. This relates to my learning style as it is a connection of different styles to achieve one mixture of methods. The main reason why I prefer class discussions is because they allow one to express themselves to class colleagues (and other people horizontally- with common level of education) about their learning experience. Illustrative diagrams also allow one to grasp the concept without much difficulty.
How Learning Styles Can Affect the Degree of Performance in Educational Activities
Learning styles affect the degree of performance in educational activities in that the better the learning style, the greater the performance. People who have not learnt how to integrate their learning styles with the educational activities find it hard improving the performance in the learning forums that they are involved in (Willingham, Hughes, & Dobolyi, 2015). When working with learners, educators should investigate their individual learning styles as they would understand the most applicable techniques when imparting them with knowledge, and this can greatly improve the learning outcomes.
Why Understanding the Learning Styles of Individuals Involved in Health Promotion is Important
Health promotion is a marketing strategy in which marketers or members of healthcare units attempt to increase the likelihood of health products becoming more popular among members of the public (Bokhari & Zafar, 2019). Just like teachers and lecturers, individuals participating in such campaign have the goal of increasing the knowledge of various products in a positive way to the members of the public.
They can achieve the results through implementing practices and lessons that directly or indirectly result to behavior change and subsequent demand of the health products.
Learning styles of the recipients of health promotional material can affect behavior change in that the more the promoter is aware of the recipient’s learning style, the higher the likelihood of changing their behavior (Bokhari & Zafar, 2019). People with a greater coincidence of learning styles knowledge have a higher likelihood of achieving positive results.
Behavior change is also accomplished more easily when health promoters have the potential to quickly recognize the effect of their techniques on behavior change.
Different learning styles can be accommodated in health promotion by having health promotion experts who have specific specializations of teaching. That is, when a certain group of expert is specialized in educating kinesthetic learners about the product, it becomes easier to convince the clients using their own language (Bokhari & Zafar, 2019). Having different learning styles is also a source of unity among health promoters as they have to work together to build a clientele in all diverse fields.
After an analysis of my learning preferences using the questionnaire presented in the VARK Website, it is clear that I am a multimodal individual, with a high preference of kinesthetic learning techniques. This means that besides having the ability of interlinking different ways of learning, I have a high preference of using actions and using the body or touch as a way of learning.
Learning styles can affect the performance in educational activities as applying the most individually suitable style imply that the learners have the best results. Understanding the learning styles of individuals in health promotion is also important as it increases the likelihood of health products becoming popular among the members of the public through implementation of behavior change practices.
Bokhari, N. M., & Zafar, M. (2019). Learning styles and approaches among medical education participants. Journal of Education and Health Promotion, 8(1), 181.
The VARK Questionnaire (2019). Retrieved from: http://vark-learn.com/the-vark-questionnaire/?p=results
Truong, H. M. (2016). Integrating learning styles and adaptive e-learning system: Current developments, problems and opportunities. Computers in human behavior, 55, 1185-1193.
Willingham, D. T., Hughes, E. M., & Dobolyi, D. G. (2015). The scientific status of learning styles theories. Teaching of Psychology, 42(3), 266-271.
Other Solved Questions:
SOLVED! How do you think evidence from nursing journals
How would different learning styles be accommodated in health promotion?
In health promotion, it is important to consider different learning styles in order to effectively communicate health information and encourage behavior change. Here are some ways that different learning styles can be accommodated:
- Visual learners: Visual learners learn best by seeing things. To accommodate visual learners, health promotion materials can include pictures, diagrams, and videos that illustrate health information. Infographics and posters can also be effective for conveying information in a visual way.
- Auditory learners: Auditory learners learn best by listening. To accommodate auditory learners, health promotion materials can include podcasts, recorded lectures, and videos with narration. Group discussions and oral presentations can also be effective for auditory learners.
- Kinesthetic learners: Kinesthetic learners learn best by doing. To accommodate kinesthetic learners, health promotion activities can involve hands-on activities such as role-playing, simulations, and interactive games. Providing opportunities for physical activity and experiential learning can also be effective.
- Reading/writing learners: Reading/writing learners learn best by reading and writing. To accommodate reading/writing learners, health promotion materials can include written materials such as brochures, fact sheets, and handouts. Online resources and social media platforms can also be effective for sharing written information.
How do learning styles ultimately affect the possibility for a behavioral change?
Learning styles can play a significant role in the effectiveness of health promotion efforts and the likelihood of a behavioral change. Here are some ways that learning styles can affect the possibility for a behavioral change:
- Visual learners: Visual learners may be more likely to engage with health promotion materials that are visually stimulating and include graphics or illustrations. When they are presented with information in a visual format, they may be better able to understand and remember it, which can increase the likelihood of a behavioral change.
- Auditory learners: Auditory learners may be more likely to engage with health promotion materials that are presented in an audio format or include opportunities for discussion and conversation. When they are able to hear and talk about health information, they may be better able to process and retain it, which can increase the likelihood of a behavioral change.
- Kinesthetic learners: Kinesthetic learners may be more likely to engage with health promotion activities that involve physical movement and hands-on learning. When they are able to participate in activities and experiments that demonstrate health information, they may be better able to understand and apply it, which can increase the likelihood of a behavioral change.
- Reading/writing learners: Reading/writing learners may be more likely to engage with health promotion materials that are presented in written form or include opportunities for note-taking and reflection. When they are able to read and write about health information, they may be better able to process and internalize it, which can increase the likelihood of a behavioral change.
How would different learning styles be accommodated in health promotion, how do learning styles ultimately affect the possibility for a behavioral change, what is your learning style and how does it helps you as a student, what are learning styles, learning styles of students, importance of learning styles to teachers, learning styles for elementary students, how to identify learning styles.